Friday, November 12, 2010

Simple English

One of the thing that bugged me the most is seeing phony act like they know how to speak English, when clearly..well..they don't. Since i grew up in a English educated family, it really bothers me when someone acts like they really do know how to speak English, it doesn't bothers me if you can't, it bothers when you can't yet you act the opposite way..

I met a lots of people whose English are just plain laughable, they can't even speak simple basic English, so instead of being frustrated by their faking performance, i went and have fun with them..I remembered there was this Malay teacher that i "had fun" with..I asked her what time is it..and she said "I'm sorry i don't have the clock" while looking at her wrist..go figure. Here's another memorable scene, a malay guy told me specifically that GIRL is spelled as GRIL..go figure that too..that is when i realized I'm in a school full of dumb broad with no basic English knowledge, don't to sound arrogant but..i felt like a king in English classes.

I remembered that i always ask my mum why are we in Malaysia when we can be in America solely based on the fact that we clearly can speak English better than any of these bums, so why wasting time here..unfortunately no answers were given..It's hard to find people that can speak good English in my neighborhood, cause it's bad enough that none of my Malay friends can speak a single proper word of English, i felt like if i keep rotting Chinese with them constantly, their bad English could have a side effect on me too.. so i was kinda surprised when i first enrolled in SEGi College that 90% of the people there can speak good English, for once in my schooling history, i felt like home.

This post is dedicated to the girl who wore a shirt that says 为什么看我 which means "Why Are You Looking At Me", instead it wrote "Why You Look Me"..see what i mean

Comment Or Die+

2 comments: